How can I extract the JIRA DataBase to my Power BI dashboard?

Yan Torres September 27, 2022

Hello guys, I want to create a dashboard to refresh in real time on Power Bi, to do this, i need to connect to the jira dataset. Do you have any tip of how can i do this?

3 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Anna Odrynska - Alpha Serve
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 27, 2022

Hello @Yan Torres 

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

You can connect Jira to Power BI by several ways:

- build a custom integration solution with Jira REST API

- use an app like our Power BI Connector for Jira

- if you're using Jira Cloud Enterprise, you can consider Atlassian Data Lake for this purpose. 

You can take a look at this article for more information on the above mentioned options. 

Good luck! :)

Anna 

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 27, 2022

Hey @Yan Torres ,

The easiest way to do this is with a plugin.

There are a few Power BI connectors available on the marketplace (not sure on whether you are Cloud or On Premise)

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?query=power+bi

These will provide you with a pre-configured endpoint to digest with your Power BI.

If you want to go the DIY route you could read the tables and piece it all together yourself (or use the REST API's on Cloud) but efficiency vs cost would most likely lead you to an app.

1 vote
Lucy Warner_SaaSJet
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 27, 2022

Hi @Yan Torres 

Additionally to the advices below, you can read a helpful usecase how to connect your Jira to Power BI and export all necessary data in a few simple steps.

Hope it helps

Suggest an answer