How can I export the "summary" of the Epic Report with all epics of a one project?

Diana Rojas September 14, 2017

I have a "x" project in Jira.
This project have 5 epics.
When generated a Epic Report, can see one epic with the graphic and the "summary" section.
I need export this summary of all 5 epics of my project in a excel for example.
Please can help me?

2 answers

1 vote
avadhut diwane January 21, 2018

very curious to know the answer / solution to this as well - in my last project there were 55+ epics and in this we have ~80 :)  getting the progress at epic level is a nightmare !! there has to be a better way /report which shows the key fields like epic name, epic number, # of story points complete, #of story points remaining, #of stories under that epic etc 

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 15, 2017

You can use the issue navigator in JIRA to display this info and then export this.   In JIRA you can navigate in the top navbar to Issues -> Search for issues.   If you change the JQL to use the Advanced search instead of basic, you could enter a query such as:

project=x and issuetype=epic

This would return all the issues of type epic in project x.  From there you can then either adjust the columns to make sure the description field is showing there, or just select the Export option on that page to output this to CSV or XLS.

Diana Rojas September 18, 2017

Hi, thanks for your answer.
However, I need export the same information of the section "Summary" shows into the "Epic Report" of my project. I attach the example that I see of one epic but I need of all epics. I mean having the totals that the Summary shows without having to download all the issues in an excel and compute.Screen Shot 2017-09-18 at 12.14.53 PM.png

Anshul Maheshwari November 24, 2017

Even i am trying to do the same. Did we get a solution for it. Please share the JQL to get the summarized report.

Diana Rojas November 24, 2017

Hi, thanks for your answer.

Excuse me, how I can share the JQL that you tell me?

Anshul Maheshwari November 25, 2017

How did you resolve the problem?

Suggest an answer