How can I export a project to an XML to use it as template for futures projects.

Hi,

I need to export a project that I created to use it as template for futures projects, it is possible?, if not, how can I create a project from a CSV file?, There are a csv template for it?

Regards

1 answer

Hi Dario,

If you need to be able to recreate all schemes and custom fields you should take a look at the project configurator plugin: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.awnaba.projectconfigurator.projectconfigurator

Best regards,

Peter

Peter, thanks for the soon answer.

Is this the only way?, Is there no way to build/import a project from CSV or XML file?

I have Jira Service desk, but when I go to the link that you provide, it say I have not Jira in my account.

Hi Dario,

You can import a project from the complete backup file of a JIRA instance (using the project importer tool in the administration pages).

But this will replace your existing project and data with the new one (which not what you want is seems).

Using the project configurator provides you with an easy to read xml format in which you can quickly change the project key to create a new project with all the correct schemes and without any content.

Best regards,

Peter

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published yesterday in Jira

5 ways you can make the most of Jira Software and Bitbucket Cloud

As part of the Bitbucket product team I'm always interested in better understanding what kind of impact the use of our tools have on the way you work. In a recent study we conducted of software devel...

25 views 0 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you