How can I export a project from one OnDemand JIRA instance and import it into a private instance?

Marc Breslow March 27, 2014

My company is running an instance of JIRA (v6.0.8#6109-sha1:57cf099).

I want to migrate some of my projects from an OnDemand instance to the private instance. Can you please point me to a document that walks me through this?

1 answer

0 votes
Pedro Souza
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 28, 2014

You cannot import a project directly from JIRA OnDemand to an installed JIRA instance — the importer will display errors about version mismatches. If you want to restore a project from JIRA OnDemand to an installed JIRA instance, follow the steps below:

1. Install a new JIRA instance (in addition to the one that you want to import your project into). This will be a temporary instance that is used to store a full JIRA import from OnDemand. Ensure that the version of this temporary instance matches the version of the JIRA instance that you want to import your project into, e.g. JIRA 6.2.
  2. Do a full JIRA migration from JIRA OnDemand to the temporary JIRA instance. See Migrating from JIRA OnDemand to a JIRA Installed Site.
  3. Export the desired project from the temporary JIRA instance.
  4. Import the project into your desired JIRA instance, by following the instructions in the Restoring your project section below.
  5. (optional) Delete the temporary JIRA instance, once the project has completed

For more information, check the documentation below:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Restoring+a+Project+from+Backup#RestoringaProjectfromBackup-RestoringaprojectfromJIRAOnDemandtoaninstalledJIRAinstance

Regards.

Suggest an answer