How can I export a project from one OnDemand JIRA instance and import it into a private instance?

My company is running an instance of JIRA (v6.0.8#6109-sha1:57cf099).

I want to migrate some of my projects from an OnDemand instance to the private instance. Can you please point me to a document that walks me through this?

1 answer

0 votes
Pedro Souza Atlassian Team Mar 28, 2014

You cannot import a project directly from JIRA OnDemand to an installed JIRA instance — the importer will display errors about version mismatches. If you want to restore a project from JIRA OnDemand to an installed JIRA instance, follow the steps below:

1. Install a new JIRA instance (in addition to the one that you want to import your project into). This will be a temporary instance that is used to store a full JIRA import from OnDemand. Ensure that the version of this temporary instance matches the version of the JIRA instance that you want to import your project into, e.g. JIRA 6.2.
  2. Do a full JIRA migration from JIRA OnDemand to the temporary JIRA instance. See Migrating from JIRA OnDemand to a JIRA Installed Site.
  3. Export the desired project from the temporary JIRA instance.
  4. Import the project into your desired JIRA instance, by following the instructions in the Restoring your project section below.
  5. (optional) Delete the temporary JIRA instance, once the project has completed

For more information, check the documentation below:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Restoring+a+Project+from+Backup#RestoringaProjectfromBackup-RestoringaprojectfromJIRAOnDemandtoaninstalledJIRAinstance

Regards.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,006 views 12 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot