How can I exclude from my backlog all children of parent initiatives that are on hold?

Zsofia Kope July 21, 2022

I have several initiatives that are hold. We changed strategic direction but we have a great backlog and Plan where we have several initiatives "on hold" status and I want all of its children (that are in "ready to start" or in "To Do") to be excluded from my current backlog. How can I do that?

1 answer

0 votes
padraik
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 22, 2022

Hi!

Do you have the scriptrunner plugin? 

I would handle this with a scripted field "Initiative on hold" that traverses Parent Links until reaching the initiative.  If the initiative is on hold, set the field value to yes, if it's not on hold, set the field value to no.

Then, on your board query, you can just specify "AND "Initiative on hold" = No"

Zsofia Kope July 25, 2022

I am not a JIRA admin I do not have the scriptrunner. Will follow up on that. If there is no script runner how else can I exclude all children of an Initiative on hold from my backlog.

padraik
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 25, 2022

I do not believe there is a way to do this without an addon.

Zsofia Kope September 6, 2022

Thank you.

Suggest an answer