How can I edit my 'Full Name'

Ryan Suchocki February 21, 2018

I would like to change my 'full name', which is currently not formatted as my full name.

When accessing my account settings, either via Jira or id.atlassian.com, I am unable to edit my 'full name'. It says "Your account is managed by Google.
Contact your Google administrator to change your email address or full name."

Firstly, why am I not able to edit my own name. I thought the whole point of cloud accounts was that 'the user owns the account'.

Secondly, who on earth is "my Google administrator"?

I log-in (via Google) using my @<company name>.com email address, i.e. a G-Suite account. I have spoken to our IT department, who of course have G-suite admin access for the company. They are unable to see or change anything about Atlassian accounts through G-suite admin. The full name on my Google profile is correct.

As far as I can work out, we have not set up an Atlassian cloud organisation or verified our domain name.

2 answers

3 votes
ariffsetiawan September 25, 2018

i have the same problem with you guys

and then i try to login from Jira mobile apps using Google account, and finally the full name is updated and correct, same as Google account name.

Jack September 26, 2018

thanks, works!

Ryan Suchocki October 1, 2018

Thanks Arif! After logging in to the cloud jira android app, my name is pulled correctly from the google account!

Simeon Cheeseman November 12, 2018

I can confirm this rather odd workaround works as well, both as a first time login to the app and as a user that is already logged in (which requires you to logout and then login to update the name) 

0 votes
Kristina Meelind [Avisi]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 21, 2018

I was able to edit my full name when I went to my profile and clicked on 'Update these details through your Atlassian account.'

Screen Shot 2018-02-21 at 14.41.48.png

Screen Shot 2018-02-21 at 14.38.51.png

Thanks for the reply, Kristina.

I see that too. When I click on 'Atlassian account' I get to the page with the above message:

atlassian.png

Kristina Meelind [Avisi]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 21, 2018

Maybe it just syncs with your Google account. Would you be able to change your name under your own Google account? 

Yes, but it's already correct on my Google account.

Igor Gembitsky May 11, 2018

I have the same exact issue. My name is correct on my google account when I login to GSuites (I have admin privileges), but it's incorrect on JIRA. There is no obvious way for me to fix this. Has there been any fix for this?

Ryan Suchocki May 14, 2018

Hi Igor. I never got anywhere with it. Everyone seems to think it's someone else's problem... :(

Senedy Mappala August 31, 2018

I have the same problem. It's already correct on my Google account. I tried logging in and out of Jira but my full name is still incorrect.

Jack September 18, 2018

I have the same issue. Did you guys find a solution?

Suggest an answer