How can I easily tell when a Customer has replied to an open issue?

Deb Cinkus December 6, 2015

I'm using the IT workflow for Service Desk and all of the pre-defined queues, and something doesn't make sense to me.

When we send a comment back to a customer, and the status changes to "Waiting for Customer", that works fine and the issue starts showing up under the "Waiting for Customer" queue. All good so far.

But then when the customer responds (comments, adds an attachment, or both), there doesn't seem to be any indication in JIRA Service Desk that the ball is back in our court. The issue still sits in the Waiting for Customer queue, with no indication that we got an answer back from the customer unless we go into the issue and scroll way down to read the latest comments.

Surely I'm missing something. This is a basic service desk / ticketing system feature. How do I modify the Waiting for Customer queue and add a new "Customer Replied" queue so it will be clear that the customer answered?

2 answers

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 7, 2015

Aside from Notifications, a listener can be put in place (need some coding work and add-ons) so that whenever a Comment/Attachment was added to an issue and the user is not someone from your group, the Issue can be automatically transitioned to another status like "Customer Replied". There are a lot of shared codes right now that can do this, try searching them out smile

0 votes
Jonas Andersson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 6, 2015

Yes, it's called Notifications and is tied to every project individually, allowing you to define which users/groups/roles should get notifications depending on what actions you want to be notified. This links explains it better than me:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/managing-service-desk-notifications-732528936.html

Deb Cinkus December 7, 2015

Actually, I figured out that it was an error in the Automation Rules preventing the normal status change upon customer comment. It had nothing to do with notifications. We had modified the workflow earlier, and that broke the normal automation for JSD which updates the status when customer comments. All fixed now.

Suggest an answer