How can I e-mail someone when Issue status changes

George Carvill
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 26, 2012

I have Stories. Stories have subtasks, e.g. "Coding" and "Testing."

I would like to find a way to automatically e-mail the tester when the Coding subtask is resolved. Note that the subtask is not assigned to the tester. Also note that I have a "Tester" role I can use.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sameera Shaakunthala [inactive]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 27, 2012

Use the 'script runner' plugin. You can use a custom groovy script to accomplish this very easy. Add your groovy script as a post function to the state transition.

0 votes
Florin Manaila
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 26, 2012

Hi,

You can add a post-function to the Resolve transition that will fire a custom event (you can create events in Administration -> Events), and then configure the notification scheme to send emails to the project role "Tester" when that specific event is triggered.

Hope that helps.

George Carvill
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 26, 2012

Thanks to you both!

David's idea would work, but it would require too much change to the workflow.

Florin's idea point me in the right direction, thanks, and I should have thought of it. I just added it to the "Issue Resolved" event in the notification scneme.

Florin Manaila
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 26, 2012

I believe I was saying pretty much the same thing as he was, we just wrote it at the same time.

Glad I could help!

0 votes
David Toussaint [Communardo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 26, 2012

Hi George,

You could create a new event and execute it through the workflow (postfunction afte the desired status) of the Coding Subtask. This Event would then need to be reffered to in your notification scheme to send the email to the mentioned project role.

Please make sure that the mentioned workflow should only be used for issue types where this notification is required.

Hope that helps? Cheers, David

Suggest an answer