How can I display the parent's status in a subtask?

George Carvill
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 23, 2012

I have a plugin that lets me display the parent's Summary in a subtask.

I can pull most parent field values into a subtask field on a subtask transition.

But what I would like to do now is display the parent's current status in the subtask without requiring a subtask change.

Ideas anyone?

4 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 23, 2012

You will have to modify the plugin to do that as well. Or you can use a scripted custom field.

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 23, 2012

It comes from Jamie's script runner plugin.

George Carvill
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 23, 2012

Interesting. Had not heard of "scripted fields" before.

Your link says, " navigate to Admin -> Scripted Fields."

I don't see that choice, however.

0 votes
Martin K March 9, 2013

Hi George,

thank you for getting back to me, I will check that one out!

Best

Martin

0 votes
Martin K February 14, 2013

Hi George,

I am not sure which one it could be - except for disabling them one by one and checking whether it still works.

If you don't mind though maybe you could just copy - paste the plugins and I will check them whether they have that functionality?

Best

Martin

George Carvill
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 14, 2013

I think this is it. I should have looked earlier.

CustomWare Parent Issue Summary

Custom fields that display information about a parent issue.

No Screenshots Available
Version: 5.0.0
Developer: CustomWare Asia Pacific
Add-on key:net.customware.jira.plugins.parentissuesummary
Martin K March 9, 2013

Hi George,

thank you for getting back to me, I will check that one out!

Best

Martin

0 votes
Martin K January 22, 2013

Hi George,

could you let me know what plugin it is you are using to display the parent's summary in a subtask?

It's exactly what I am trying to accomplish!

Best

Martin

George Carvill
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 22, 2013

We have several free plugins. Not sure which one. You tell me how to tell and I'll tell you what the plugin is.

Suggest an answer