How can I display all my tabs in the view screen of Jira even all fields of these tabs are empty?

SophieV December 23, 2014

I have created a screen with 3 tabs, but the tabs appears in the view form of JIRA only if one or more fields of these tabs are filled.

I would like to always see the 3 tabs in the view screen, with all the fields, even if all fields are empty, is it possible?

1 answer

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 23, 2014

That is the standard out of box behavior. JIRA only shows fields with values so if none of them have values it won't show. This is to save screen space. They show in the edit mode. I know this bothers some folks (mostly management in my experience), but user education should solve the problem. Otherwise you're probably going to have to go in and modify source code.

flora.montufar April 23, 2015

I can't even get the field tabs to show on the view screen. Only the contents of the text fields I added in the field tabs are showing in the view mode, and in this case, only in the issue's comments field. The actual tabs are not showing as separate tabs. What am I doing wrong?

Suggest an answer