How can I display Jiras from other projects in my SCRUM Board

Peter Schubert October 28, 2020

Hello Board Community,

is there the possibility to show me the Jiras from other projects on my own SCRUM board, where I don't have administrative rights (e.g. read-only rights)?

If I solve this with a filter query, I don't have the possibility to edit my own sprints anymore. The hint that Atlassian then gives is that I need the "Manage Sprint" rights in the source board for all projects...At the moment I try to create my own ticket for tickets from other projects and link them with the tickets from the other projects...This is of course a lot of work I would like to save myself.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 28, 2020

That is correct. If your scrum board filter includes issue from other projects where you do not have Manage sprints permission then it will ‘break’ your ability to manage the sprints via the collective board. What you can do...

create a new board with combined issues but manage your scrum for the one project from the current board. Not sure if this meets your needs or not.

Peter Schubert October 28, 2020

Hello Jack
thank you for your suggestion. One of my colleagues uses this as described by you.But I do not want to create a second board. If there are any other suggestions let me know. thank you very much and best wishes Peter

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 28, 2020

the only other solution is to get the admin of the other project(s) to add you to Manage Sprints. However, keep in mind that this could be dangerous since you could pull in issue from project B into your project A sprint and move them thru the process which would have adverse effects on Project B's sprints potentially.

Peter Schubert October 29, 2020

Thanks for the warning...this seems to me to be critical indeed

Suggest an answer