How can I disable the "Original estimate" and "Remaining estimate" fields against issue type?

SASA WONG June 26, 2016

I have 3 issue types and I only want to disable "Original estimate" and "Remaining estimate" fields in one issue type and not affect the other two. How can I do that?

2 answers

0 votes
SASA WONG June 27, 2016

Can you please elaborate the steps by steps of these two options? 

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 26, 2016

Two options:

Change the "issue type screen scheme" so that one issue type uses screens with the "timetracking" field on it, and the other two use screens without it

Change the "field configuration scheme", having two "field configurations" - one with it hidden and one with it as it is now

Note that the first just hides the field in general, but it's still active in the background, so you'll still see estimates rolling up onto parents if you keep the estimates on subtasks etc.  The second method hides it completely.

SASA WONG June 27, 2016

Can you please elaborate the steps by steps of these two options? 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 27, 2016

See https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/project-screens-schemes-and-fields-802592517.html and read through "specifying field behaviour" and "defining a screen"

Suggest an answer