How can I disable the "Original estimate" and "Remaining estimate" fields

Kris van der Starren August 7, 2013

I would like to disable/remove the "Original estimate" and "Remaining estimate" fields when logging work. We use Jira as more of a time tracking tool and these fields don't offer a lot of value. Is there a way to do that?

2 answers

1 vote

No, I mean that I want people to be able to log the work that they do against a task but I don't want them to have to enter a "Remaining estimate" or "Original estimate" when they log time.

0 votes
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 7, 2013

you mean you want to disable worklog?if yes then check this this document

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+Time+Tracking

another way is using javascript you can hide those two options,

try with this by adding in footer.jsp or you can add it in any plugin as web resource

<script type="text/javascript">  
jQuery(document).ready(function($) {
JIRA.bind(JIRA.Events.NEW_CONTENT_ADDED, function (e,context) {
		hideField();
	});

hideField();
function hideField(){
	var remainEst=document.getElementsByName("adjustEstimate");
		for ( var x = 0; x < remainEst.length; x++) {
				remainEst[x].hide();
				(or)
				remainEst[x].closest('div.field-group').hide();
		}

$("timetracking").closest('div.field-group').hide();

}
});
</script>

No, I mean that I want people to be able to log the work that they do against a task but I don't want them to have to enter a "Remaining estimate" or "Original estimate" when they log time.

RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 7, 2013

you can do it bby using JS check my answer i have updated

Kris van der Starren August 8, 2013

We run Jira OnDemand. Can this solution be used with OnDemand? Also, I was hoping for some kind of built-in functionality. Is there anything in the settings that would allow this?

Suggest an answer