How can I disable JIRA logging

Guilherme Nogueira
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 7, 2015

Hi smile

I want to know how to disable a few JIRA logging services like:

98M May  7 15:44 access_log.2015-05-07

Every day it stores around 100MB of logs.

Thank you.

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Midori
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 7, 2015

This is an access log (created by Tomcat), not an application log (created by JIRA). You can't turn it off within JIRA, you need to change the valve configuration for Tomcat.

See: http://www.techstacks.com/howto/configure-access-logging-in-tomcat.html

Guilherme Nogueira
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 8, 2015

2 votes
Pavel Fomin August 12, 2015

To disable tomcat access logging, you need to comment out the following entry in your conf/server.xml file and restart JIRA

<Valve className="org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve" resolveHosts="false" pattern="%a %{jira.request.id}r %{jira.request.username}r %t "%m %U%q %H" %s %b %D "%{Referer}i" "%{User-Agent}i" "%{jira.request.assession.id}r""/>
1 vote
Luciano Fagundes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 7, 2015

To disable the access log you should  click   > System. Select Troubleshooting and Support > Logging & Profiling and disable the access logging.

You may refer the documentation below for more information on this:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/User+access+logging

Hope it helps! smile

Cheers

L.F

Guilherme Nogueira
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 8, 2015

Everything in this page is already disabled :'(

1 vote
Paulo Hennig
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 7, 2015

Hello,

Maybe most of your log levels are set to DEBUG mode.

You can follow this article and check what's the best option for you

Guilherme Nogueira
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 7, 2015

I want to disable the logging of this file: access_log.2015-05-07

Suggest an answer