How can I deny the Assign Button to a project role while still allowing them to change the assignee on a transition screen?

danielglowe December 3, 2013

Per the title. I've got a project where I want to force certain project roles to use the workflow buttons.

I've removed this project role from the Assign Issues permission of the permission scheme we're using, but this seems to also deny them the Assignee field on Transistion screens which is not what we want.

Can someone help explain how we achieve removing the Assign button from a project role while not deying Users in this role the ability to change the Assingee on a Transition screen.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 3, 2013

You can't do it without code or javascript hacks. Neither of them is possible in JIRA onDemand.

danielglowe December 3, 2013

Thanks for the super quick reply Jobin, though not exactly the answer I was hoping to hear.

Seems a strange limitation as I can imagine many Jira Admins would want to force Users to use workflow buttons but still allow them to change the assignee on a transition, oh well.

0 votes
trevor foley December 5, 2013

Hi Daniel - I'd love to accomplish the same with my workflow; remove/disable 'assign' button on the view screen but enable on the transition screen.

Please let me know if you find a solve.

Thanks!

Michael Megliola January 26, 2014

Same problem here. My company used to be able to do this when we hosted Jira locally, and our transition to OnDemand has left us with disorganized workflow status/assignee pairings. The best I've been able to do instead is set up some custom filters with mail subscriptions to alert me to these mismatches when they occur, so I can go in and clean them up myself as they arise. Pretty irritating. Would love to be able to disable the "Assign" button for certain project roles without denying them the Assign function itself!

Suggest an answer