It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How can I delete my account

Pavel Dreger Oct 13, 2013

Hi support team,

I have create my account just for testing and acquaintance with your system.

Now the test 30 days are over, but I can't find how can I delete my account?

3 answers

0 votes
Bharadwaj Jannu Oct 13, 2013

If you wish to cancel your subscription for OnDemand, you can refer to this guide:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=321257595

Riger Vic Dec 18, 2013

Hi

I would liket to ask - how can I delete my account from atlassian - not only cancel my trial subscription.

Thank you for answer in advance.

David Nicholson Atlassian Team Dec 18, 2013

That's not possible Riger, but you can update your communication preferences to not receive any communication from Atlassian via your https://my.atlassian.comaccount.

Eric Sweden Jan 29, 2014

Right - there is no way to delete an account. As ridiculus as that is - this company never thought anyone would ever want to leave.

Like Zach Murray likes this
David Nicholson Atlassian Team Aug 18, 2014

You can see from the second answer confirming what I noted above - it is not possible to delete the account from Atlassian systems.

Brendan Wall Aug 24, 2014

I would also like my account deleted... I believe there are privacy laws that cover this?

Vinko Stancic May 12, 2016

I would also like my account deleted!!

Chris Lindekens Jun 02, 2016

Delete my account!

Bitbucket user Jun 15, 2016
Delete my account, don't want to receive any security warning from Bitbucket. Haven't used it for a few years and I DO NOT want to use your services, EVER. 

Here's the notice:  

We're contacting you regarding suspicious activity on your Bitbucket Cloud account. We suspect that a malicious actor used usernames and passwords stolen from another service to access your account. This type of unauthorized access most commonly occurs when you reuse the same password.
In order to prevent further unauthorized access to your Bitbucket account, we've reset your password. Please go to Bitbucket Cloud and use the forgot password functionality to set your new password. If you used your Bitbucket Cloud password elsewhere, we suggest you change your password on those services to protect your other accounts. We also recommend that you reset your passwords on a regular basis and enable Two-Factor Authentication.
Should you have any questions or concerns, please raise a ticket through Atlassian Support and ensure it includes reference SECINT-5739.
Regards,
Ganesh Krishnan
Chief Information Security Officer, Atlassian

Silviu Guseila Jul 05, 2016

Isn't it illegal to not allow people to delete their accounts?

In my case, I actually now have two accounts and I am trying to delete one, but you seem to not allow that.

This is ridiculous and highly suspicious. Makes me wonder why would you keep users prisoners in your system?

Maciej Rybczynski Nov 21, 2016

by mistake I clikec register with Google account and now i have two accounts and no way to remove one? no way to join them... am I forced to move my git repositories to other suppliers?

Joakim Westin Nov 22, 2016

I also like to be able to remove one of my Atlassian accounts. I am a single individual and I have no need for two accounts. Please tell us how to remove an Atlassian account.

Robb Shecter Jun 04, 2018

Atlassian does not allow users to delete accounts. One must contact them.

0 votes
Deleted user Jun 17, 2018

Atlassian should abide by GDPR by allowing users to delete their account 'right to be forgotten'.

Nic Brough [Adaptavist] Community Leader Jun 17, 2018

They already do.  Contact them to make the request.  It will be honoured.

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Published in Jira

Try Jira Cloud for Outlook: Organize your work without leaving your inbox

Hi Atlassian community, My name is Max and I work on the product integration team at Atlassian. I am pleased to announce the early access program for the Jira Cloud add-in for Outlook. This add-in...

837 views 0 12
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you