How can I delete a user when JIRA thinks he's associated with an issue that doesn't exist?

Kathleen Buckley March 13, 2015

I can't delete a user because JIRA thinks he's a reporter for one issue.  He's never logged in with this account, so I'm not sure why JIRA thinks he's a report.  However, that's not the problem.  When I click the link to the one issue it says "No issues were found to match your search".  When I search for any issue where the reporter is that user, I also get no match.  I have disabled the account but I would prefer deleting it.  

Anyone know how can I delete this account?  

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 13, 2015

Sounds like a busted index.  Is it possible to do a background re-index and try this again?

(By the way, it is possible for someone to name someone else as a reporter, even if that person has never logged in - that's probably how you got there.  To rid yourself of the user, use the same ability to change it to someone else!)

I'll try that, but I think I've had this problem for a long time and I've re-indexed many times. I also run the integrity checker a lot and it hasn't found any problems. But I will try it again just in case this really is a new problem. Thanks.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 13, 2015

Hmm, yes, it's a bit of a pain if you can't find the issue that Jira is blocked by. Hopefully a reindex will fix it. But if you're still stuck, then "select * from jiraissue where reporter = 'username'" should find the issue in the database.

Thanks. I'll try that. It's still re-indexing so waiting to see if that works.

Suggest an answer