How can I delete a board from a project

PM June 10, 2015

I created a new board in an existing project but for some strange reason it copied(?) all the issues from another existing board. Is there a way to delete the new board or remove all the issues from it (assuming they are all copied and will not affect the existing board)?

2 answers

1 vote
Tina Zakszewski November 4, 2015

Go into "All Boards" to get a listing of all of the current boards. To the far right of each board listed is "..." Clicking on this will give the option to configure, copy or delete the board. This only deletes the view of how issues are arranged. It does not delete the group of issues seen within the board.

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 10, 2015

Boards do not contain issues.  They are views of issues that live within a project.

So, if you create a new board, it doesn't copy anything, it looks at the project, it's just another view of the same project.

If you want to "delete issues from a board" without touching another board, you need to change the view so that it no longer looks at them.  That's the filter that defines the board.

PM June 10, 2015

Understood. Thanks. And is this board visible to everyone in the project? Or can I invite a new user to the board without him having visibility of other boards?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 10, 2015

Depends on how you set the board visibility - that's in the general config.

Suggest an answer