How can I delegate permission for software user to create new project without delegate him jira administrator permission?

Sergey Gressky November 21, 2016

I separated permission between jira system administrator and jira administrator. 

I need give permission for create new project for our team lead.

I don`t want to give him jira administrator permission... becouse if i delegate him the Jira administrator permission he will have permission to delete other projects and change  group of user etc.

But I need give permission for create new project. How can i do that?

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 22, 2016

You can't.  To create projects, you have to be a JIRA administrator or a JIRA System administrator.

There are some add-ons which can delegate the rights to users though.

Sergey Gressky November 22, 2016

Thank for the answer! Could you give some link? Or maybe you are remember their names?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 22, 2016

I tend to do it by hand with script-runner scripts myself, so I'm a bit vague on specific add-ons.

I think typing "delegate" into https://marketplace.atlassian.com/ will get the ones I'm thinking of.  I can't really say I'm experienced enough with any of them to strongly recommend any specific one, but on the basis of other add-ons, I'd start with anything by Wittified

0 votes
Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 22, 2016

I not sure, but you could try to use Global permission for specified group. Documentation:https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira064/managing-global-permissions-720412521.html#ManagingGlobalPermissions-sysadmin

Pay attention to the point "About 'JIRA System Administrators' and 'JIRA Administrators'"

Suggest an answer