How can I define values for "Select List" based on "Affected Version"

Luke Luo September 26, 2012

Hi,

I would like to define a "Select List" type custom field, the values for the field should be based on another custom field "Affected Version" which type is "Version Picker".

I know custom field could have context base on "project" or "Issue" type, however is it possible to have context that is based on "Version" value?

Thanks

Luke

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 3, 2012
Luke Luo October 9, 2012

Seems it is good to try, however when define a "Select list" you have to pre0define the value for the selections, I don't know how to dynamically to update the pre-defined values base on the "Affected Version" field. I am new on Jira, could you provide more detail? Thanks a lot.

0 votes
Avdhesh Chauhan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 3, 2012

if the fields are in differnt screens its easy by just using condtion, not sure f you can do it if its in the smae screen

Luke Luo October 9, 2012

I want to do it in the same screen.

Suggest an answer