How can I debug emails not being sent/received from JIRA Service Desk?

James Sandwick November 13, 2017

I've gone through as much documentation as I can find.

I do not receive any emails from Jira Service desk.

I need to the auto-response emails to be sent out in order to use it.

We use JIRA software, which seems to send emails out to users that they have been assigned to fine. 

The outgoing mail server is enabled.
I can receive email requests fine.
I tried the 'Send Mail' feature to myself and nothing was received.

Any ideas how I can debug this?

1 answer

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 13, 2017

Hello,

Look at the following guide how to troubleshoot such problems.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/notifications-troubleshooting-203394737.html

Thanks.

I just want to clarify that this is applicable to the JIRA Service Desk in the cloud. I am not running this on my server.

"Ensure you've properly configured an SMTP Server. Send a Test Mail inside the SMTP Server configuration setup screen. Make a note of any error that is returned from the test."

I cannot find my SMTP Server page, as far as I can tell. I just have 'Global Mail Settings' which are all on, outgoing mail 'Enabled' and no luck from the 'Send email' section. 

I must be missing something but I can't seem to find half of the settings mentioned, etc.

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 13, 2017

Ah, ok.

You do not recieve notifications for any event or specific to Jira Service Desk? Your Jira software cloud is different from Jira service desk cloud?

I have received no notifications from JIRA Service Desk as of yet. I don't believe the JIRA software cloud is different from our Jira service desk cloud.

They're working on the same domain and alongside each other without any other perceived issues. 

The JIRA service desk receives email requests fine.

James Sandwick December 1, 2017

I guess no one has any suggestions to this. I want to use Service desk but no luck with this. Thanks

Suggest an answer