How can I customise the My request page in JSD?

rae edwards August 14, 2019

We have added our company logo to the customer portal. This displays as expected when we view the  customer portal page in Edge. When we view the My request page, instead of seeing our customer logo, the Megaphone logo displays. How can I customise the My request page to display our company logo as well as remove the text displayed below the announcement e.g. "its very white on this page!". Capture.jpg

2 answers

0 votes
rae edwards September 29, 2019

Hi Angelica,

The Add/Edit announcement functionality allows us to edit the text on the Home page, not the My request page.  As far as plugins for use with JSD, we have the Extension for JSD and a free plugin we use to  hide the KB field on the Home page until we are ready to go live with our Knowledge Base.

We can't go live with the text "Its very white on this page" displaying on the My request page so  look forward to any assistance that you can provide. 

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 1, 2019

Hi Rae,

Thank you for the details.

Just to make sure these add-ons are not affecting the portal, can you test Jira in safe mode?

We tested here without any add-on and using the same Service Desk version, and that sentence doesn’t appear, so it’s important to confirm if it’s an issue with Jira or an add-on.

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 15, 2019

Hello Rae,

Currently, it's not possible to remove the logo of the announcement. We have a feature request suggesting the implementation of this ability:
- https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-4443
Please, click on vote and watch to receive updates about the feature.

Related to the message "it's very white on this page!" you need to edit the message of the announcement.
You can find more details on the documentation below:
- Adding announcements

Regards,
Angélica

rae edwards August 18, 2019

Thanks Angelica for letting me know that there is no way to remove the megaphone.  However, I followed the Adding announcements link in your email but still ran into some problems. 

AddAnnouncement.GIF

When I click on the Announcement subject, I can see the working hours text. But I don't see the "its very white on this page!" text in either the Announcement subject or the Links field. I have tried to configure this in Edge and in Chrome but get the same result. When I try to configure this in IE, I don't even get any text displaying when I click in the Announcement subject field.  What am I doing wrong?Capture.jpg

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
August 20, 2019

We tested on the latest version of Jira Service Desk and the issue does not happen.

Screenshot 2019-08-20_17-54-24-685.png

Can you please share with us the version that you are using?

Deleted user September 25, 2019

Hi Angelica

I work with Rae and would just like to follow up on this question.

By following the "adding announcements" instructions we are able to add and edit the announcement on the portal home page, but when we click through to the My Requests page only the working hours and the "it's very white on this page" messages appear. We can find no way to edit the announcement on this page. 

We are using JIRA Service Desk Application v4.3.2.

thank you

Caroline

My Requests page.JPG

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
September 27, 2019

Hi Caroline.

Thank you for getting back to us with these details.

We tried to replicate here using the same version, but the information “It’s very white on this page!” does not appear.

Can you please let us know if you add some text on the announcement message if it gets updated with the new text correctly?

Also, are you using any add-on for the customer portal?

Regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer