How can I create reports based on custom fields?

Claudius Ibine February 18, 2016

How can I create reports based on custom fields?

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 18, 2016

Depends on the reports.  Some will ask you what fields you want to report on, and will include custom fields in their options.  Some rely on you building filters that select what you want to look at.  Some do both.

I think you need to specify what reports you're looking for, rather than just tell us you're looking for some custom field information.

Claudius Ibine February 19, 2016

I am building a custom report in JIRA. This will display tickets submitted by department. The department is a custom field integrated into JIRA using the Active Directory Attributes Sync add-on.

When I attempt to build the report using series, JIRA cannot find the custom AD fields.

Do you have any suggestions?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 19, 2016

Can the field be searched in the standard search UI?  (Issue navigator)

Claudius Ibine February 19, 2016

I was able to resolve using this logic:

issue in searchFromAD(reporter, department, "Information Technology")

Thanks for the help.

Deleted user June 6, 2018

Hi Claudius, 

I have been thinking to generate report as per department. But I dont have Department as Field as such in my Jira. What do you suggest, can you help?

DO you think using Active Directory Attributes plugin we can do that. 

Thanks,

Smriti 

Sapna Sharma February 12, 2019

I have been facing Problem,while using filter for Reported Date and Time and In Reports of Time since Issue Reports  as Shown Below error is showing Help me on this error.jira b.png

Jira.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 13, 2019

I'm afraid this is just a front-end report of something going badly wrong on the back end.  You'll need to read the application log (<jira home>/logs/atlassian-jira.log) to see what the underlying error is.

Suggest an answer