How can I create an output file from JIRA trough a button?

Cyrill Sax November 2, 2015

I want to have a button in an issue. If I press this button, I want to generate an outputfile.

Is this possible?

Thanks

7 answers

0 votes
Cyrill Sax November 9, 2015

The output can be everything. I must only start with this output, through a Java application a Robot.

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 9, 2015

What is an "output" here? Data? JIRA issue metadata? Arbitrary code?

0 votes
Cyrill Sax November 8, 2015

I want to create a button in a Testcase. If I press this button, it gives an output. With this output I want to start a Robot. Is that possible?

0 votes
Robert Massaioli _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 3, 2015

I'm not sure what you are asking for. Exporting a JIRA issue into JAVA code does not make much sense to me. Can you please explain the broader picture of what you are trying to do?

0 votes
Cyrill Sax November 2, 2015

The best thing is, if the output file is a java code or so. Is it possible to trigger out the outputfile by an trigger?

0 votes
Robert Massaioli _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 2, 2015

In what file format should this "outputfile" be?

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 2, 2015

There is only so much customization you can do with JIRA Cloud and without knowing what that button is? (Is it like a custom field) and what exactly that output file is (is that another custom field?) I cannot suggest what you can do. Care to elaborate?

Suggest an answer