How can I create an Application Link (Crucible to JIRA OnDemand) if I don't have System Admin rights?

Evan C. Navarro January 27, 2014

Hi, I've been tasked to create an application link to our new application addition; Crucible. Sadly, after attempting to do so, I still do not see a "Create Issue" link on Crucible reviews. This leads me to assume there was some App. Linking error(s). My brief researching has lead to me to believe this is due to my JIRA account not having the required "System Administrator" rights. Oddly enough, I have the most permissions available on our hosted JIRA site, all permissions excluding System Administrative rights; which is held by only the "sysadmin" account. My question is..

How can I access such rights, in order to fully complete my Application Linking, if I can't log on to the "sysadmin" account; seeing as how this account is for for Atlassian use only?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 27, 2014

---Edit--- Are you using OnDemand, or your own systems?

Ack, sorry, my brain skipped the word "hosted" in your question. You don't have system admin rights in OnDemand, only the lower level "Jira admin". I don't think you can set up extra application links to external systems because of that restriction.

Evan C. Navarro January 27, 2014

No worries, thanks for answering! Do you have any supporting information/documentation to your statement? It would help with proving to those higher than me of this non-capability w/ application linking.

Suggest an answer