How can I create a rule in Microsoft Outlook to filter notifications by send?

Hazel Elgart March 23, 2014

Our company recently switched from Lotus Notes to MS Outlook. I used to be able to sort my notifications by sender: "Hazel Elgart (JIRA) <jira@digitas.com>". Outlook insists that there is only one Sender, "jira@digitas.com".

Has anyone tried to do this in Microsoft Outlook 2010?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 24, 2014

There is only one sender - the Jira email you've put on the outgoing emails.

Have a look at the message headers, you'll find you need to search on one of the other fields in the email header.

Conrad Braam _zaphodikus_ June 15, 2015

Definitely not as simple as it looks. Filtering on other fields gets very flakey because the subject line only one part is unique , and e-mails that get manually forwarded by a human will get caught by any rule you might create (which we obviously donb't want), which means I really need to create 2 rules or even three to prevent processing RE: and FWD: . It's because Jira spoofs the sender address in our implementation. and that causes a problem, is it possible for our admins to turn that spoofing off when users made issue edits. I know that the from address spoofing is in fact one of the things that make Jira great, and far more natural to use than other issue trackers, but in the filtering scenario, it's spamming me every time someone makes a tiny edit to a bug, teething?

Richard Hickling June 20, 2018

Indeed.  I was trying to filter out the Jira updates due to changes made by myself, however indication of this is not found in the email text - it's in the image that is pulled from the server and rendered in the email, therefore out of range of the Rule.

Suggest an answer