How can I create a restricted access customer automatically using issue collector

Anna Oei December 31, 2015

I have a service desk using issue collector with a form in our product application. I need the issue collector form when submitted to create a user if they don't already exist just like if they had emailed a issue in.

Is this possible?

3 answers

0 votes
Jaron Easterbrook March 5, 2016

Anna, I've submitted this as a feature request. If you want to go vote for https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSD-3493, and add yourself as a watcher, maybe it will happen sometime...

Jaron

0 votes
Anna Oei February 28, 2016

No, it is a painfully manual process for us. Because our business application requires our users to be logged in, I have the form setup to pass the users name, email and a few other details on file that will help provide support using js. This information is then populated in custom fields I created. 

We have one Service Desk admin with JIRA admin privileges in order to create the user and restrict the users access to portal only. The admin then updates the issue with the newly created user. 

On a somewhat side note, you can change who the default reporter is for the issue collector. Just don't have it default to yourself if you intend on getting email notifications. That is, of course, if you have turned off being notified of your own changes.

On last comment,  within the issue collector, I also selected it to "Attempt to match the submitters session or submitters email address" which does reduce some of the manual steps.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

0 votes
Jaron Easterbrook February 28, 2016

Anna, I don't suppose you figured out how to do this? I have the same need. By default, it seems the issue collector uses the Project Default user, which means I can't "Respond to customer" in Service Desk.

Suggest an answer