How can I create a regular expression custom field?

Angela Creed April 16, 2014

How can I create a regular expression custom field?

2 answers

0 votes
Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 16, 2014

How do you plan to use this regex ? What you'll match with it ? Give some context please.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 16, 2014

As well as Boris's question, I'd also point out that the answer is probably going to be "by writing a custom field that you can't install in OnDemand"

Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 16, 2014

Good point! I didn't notice that the question has Ondemand tag :)

Angela Creed April 16, 2014

Thanks, so I can't use a custom regex field with OnDemand? I want to auto-create a link to a URL when only given part of it.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 16, 2014

No. There are a couple of regex validator plugins out there (i.e. they won't let the user enter stuff that doesn't match a regex), but as I mentioned, they're not for OnDemand, you can't install them.

Also, you're not asking for a regex field, you're asking for something with auto-guess/correct. I'm afraid the same answer applies really (Except that I'm not aware of any plugins that might provide that function)

Suggest an answer