How can I create a public dashboard for Jira Service Desk?

Deleted user January 19, 2018

I was able to give the anyone group project browse permission for the service desk project but got "threatening" errors about needing to reconfigure permissions. Without the permission, I get errors when going to the dashboard url.  The Dashboard and associated filter are both public by the way

1 answer

0 votes
Victor Florin Pana January 28, 2018

Simply ignore the errors if that is what you want to do (make it public) and you understand that by anyone, it means both logged in and not logged in users can view the dashboard but also the all of the issues from your project.

For some reasons, for JIRA Service Desk, as soon as you go out of what Atlassian considers to be the permission standard, you will always get an error notification stating that your project is not correctly configured and there is no way around this.

Deleted user February 8, 2018

I added the group "anyone" to browse projects and it's letting users open the dashboard.  Oddly, if the user is logged in as a customer (opened the customer portal), the link does not work and keeps returning the user to the portal instead of displaying the dashboard.  When the user logs out, the url will open the dashboard.

This seems like a bug, why can't logged in users (customer portal) see a public dashboard?

Victor Florin Pana February 8, 2018

Actually it is not a bug. Once a user logs in, he is not anyone anymore he is user X and if user X does is not added to the project or is not a jira group which is added to the project, then he will not see the content. So besides anyone you also need to ensure that logged in users can see the content so you will need to give browse rights to the group that contains all users from your instance.

Deleted user February 8, 2018

I set up a group and included all users, all logged in users was already added to the browse permissions.  I still get switched to the portal when I try to open the URL for my dashboard.  When I log out I can then open the browser.

Victor Florin Pana February 9, 2018

Ok, now I understand ... the problem is that you are trying to expose a jira dashboard to service desk customers. The dashboard is a functionality coming from JIRA Core/Software and not related to Service Desk. So a service desk customer will not be able to see it, as he does not have access to that application.

Deleted user February 9, 2018

Understand but the dashboard in question has been made public and when a jira service desk user is signed in (customer account) they cannot view the public dashboard from jira software.  That's a bug to me.  they have to sign out and then then can view the public dashboard.  Being signed into jira service desk as a customer shouldn't prevent viewing an otherwise public jira software function.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events