How can I create a new custom status on a Workflow replicating an existing one(OOTB)?

Andrea Queralt May 5, 2017

I need to create a new status with the same functions than "TO DO" out of the box status but with another name. I can't change the name of the existing one because it could affect other projects. Then I would want to copy (clone it) "To do" out of the box status and change its name in order to the customer requirements.

Please, let me know if it is possible and how to do it.

Thanks a lot.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 5, 2017

The easy answer is "add a new status in the admin section and then use it in your workflows".  Because that does what you seem to be asking for.

I think there's a missing piece of question somehow.  I don't see what "with the same functions as ..." means.  Could you explain that?

Andrea Queralt May 7, 2017

I find that "To Do" out of the box step has a set of "post function" .

Then I need to create an status with these functions but I need that the name of this step will not "to do".

Really, it would be better if I can copy it from #To do# and change the name. Is it possible?

Suggest an answer