How can I create a hiearchy of issues with EazyBI?

Emmanuel Boukandoura February 12, 2014

1) I’ve created and imported a custom field which returns in a string the key of an issue link the present issue. I’ve imported this CF both as a property and a dimension. I'd like to an additional level member for this dimension (ie. issue) so that when I click on one value of this dimension, all issues which have this dimension name as property are displayed. I don't see how to do this with EazyBI. Any suggestion?

Thanks,

Emmanuel

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Lauma Cīrule
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 16, 2014

Hi Emmanuel,

I just sent you an e-mail as well. Briefly, you should add the Custom field dimension together with Issues dimension on Rows and select "Nonempty" option. This will display linked issues.

Kind regards,
Lauma

Manish Shah July 20, 2015

Hi Lauma, I would like to do something similar. Can you please help me with the steps. Regards

Lauma Cīrule
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 23, 2015

Hi Manish, Please follow the instructions here https://docs.eazybi.com/display/EAZYBIJIRA/JIRA+Misc+Custom+Fields#JIRAMiscCustomFields-Issuelink to create a JIRA Misc custom field that would return issues with specific link type and then import this custom field as dimension to eazyBI. Let me know if you have further questions regarding this! Kind regards, Lauma / support@eazybi.com

Manish Shah July 23, 2015

Thank you for your response. I read this. Interestingly we use JIRA OnDemand and cannot create Custom Field which is Calculated Text

Lauma Cīrule
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 23, 2015

In such case JavaScript calculated field can be used to get the Issue links. See more details here https://docs.eazybi.com/display/EAZYBIJIRA/JavaScript+calculated+custom+fields.

0 votes
Emmanuel Boukandoura March 4, 2014

Thanks a lot Lauma.

Suggest an answer