How can I create a gadget that shows statistics by "Security Level"?

Molly Favret January 2, 2014

In one of my projects, Security Level is used to specify which country a ticket applies to, and thus which users have access to it based on country assignments. I am able to filter on Security Level in the issue navigator, and can add it as a column in the navigator reports, but I am unable to use it in any of the dashboard gadgets that show statistics (i.e. count of tickets by security level and issue type, count of tickets by security level and status). I am interested in using security level as a dimension in Issue Statistics, Two Dimensional Filter Statitics, Bar Chart, or other similar gadgets. Is there any way to do this since it doesn't show up in the gadget drop-downs?

Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 4, 2014

You won't be able to get statistics by securitylevel because it is not a defined field in the StatisticTypeResource class. You will have to write a plugin to expose the field via REST and use it in a new gadget.

Molly Favret January 5, 2014
Thanks. That's what I thought, but wanted to confirm.
0 votes
Lauma Cīrule
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2014

You can use eazyBI to easily create reports and charts both from JIRA standard fields as well as selected custom fields. Security level is a standard dimension that can be used in eazyBI reports.

You can also create custom dashboards including eazyBI reports and embed them in any HTML page as <iframe> element.

See example eazyBI chart using jira.atlassian.comdata. Unfortunately secuirty level is not available for this example data, but you may try out one of eazyBI solutions and see if that works for you:

• installable eazyBI JIRA pluginwhich is recommended option for JIRA installed on customer server
  • eazyBI for Jira OnDemand
  • Or eazybi.comhosted service which can be used for any JIRA server which is accessible from Internet

If you have any questions about eazyBI plugin, feel free to contact support@eazybi.com.

Suggest an answer