How can I create a date-type custom field

Felipe Reis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 18, 2012

Hello!

I want to create a calculated date type custom field, and I need it to be placed under the "Dates" section on the view issue screen. (same section where the created, updated and resolved dates are).

I have successfuly created the new custom field type, however it is placed on the Details section...

Cheers!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 18, 2012

Make sure your custom field implement DateField interface.

Felipe Reis
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 18, 2012

Great tip Jobin!

The value is not formatted though.

It is displaying

2012-12-19 14:19:57.492

Instead of

Today 2:19 PM

Do you know how to fix this?

Cheers!

Rising Star
Rising Star
December 18, 2012

I think it is how you display in the view template. The default date fields uses:

$datePickerFormatter.format($value)

Felipe Reis
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 18, 2012

this datePickerFormatter object should be provided by me from my Custom Field class?

when I use the view-datetime.vm the value no longer appears on the screen, and I get $datePickerFormatter.format($value) is not a valid reference. on my log.

Rising Star
Rising Star
December 18, 2012

Yes, you will need to add DateTimeFormatter in the context.

Felipe Reis
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 19, 2012

Thanks again Jobin!

I've added the DateTimeFormatter in the map, together with a SimpleDateFormatter under the "titleFormatter" key and "iso8601Formatter", and my screen worked as expected.

SimpleDateFormat formatoSimples = new SimpleDateFormat("dd/MMM/yy h:mm a");

map.put("datePickerFormatter", dateTimeFormatter);
		map.put("iso8601Formatter", dateTimeFormatter);
		map.put("titleFormatter", formatoSimples);

Suggest an answer