How can I create a customer within ictime?

Kirstin Seidel-Gebert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 2, 2017

On tab Accounting References in the configuration of my ictime project, I can see a drop-down box to select a customer from.

Where can I define these customers?

The ictime documentation is not very helpful on that: Administration > Customers
Has anyone of you already used this feature and knows where to define customers?

Cheers,
Kirstin

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
iConcept Support May 30, 2017

Hi,

customers are only used and required for Invoicing Documents (Feature: Create Invoice Documents in General Configuration).

If you enable this feature, you need to have a report template for invoices and credit notes. 

There is currently no other usage for customers.

If you have specific IcTime Questions, you can create now Issues in our Issue Tracker of type "Question". Doing so, you will get an answer much quicker.

Best Regards,

iConcept Support

Kirstin Seidel-Gebert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 30, 2017

Thanks a lot. Up to now, we don't use invoicing, so this is not of interest for us at the moment.

Regards,
Kirstin

0 votes
cmbecket July 13, 2018

Ok but if you're going to use this feature... how do you add customers? I cannot see a way to do this? I have enabled the Invoice Documents, but still do not see a way to add a customer. When I try to just add one on the project, it tells me I need to choose a customer. 

Kaye Taupmann August 23, 2018

I just installed ictime and didn't see "customers".  I went to Permissions and there is a section for "Customers".  No users or groups had any permissions.  Once I added the group (that I am part of) the 'Customer" tab appeared at the top.  Hope this helps!

Like Christian Treubel [TNG] likes this

Suggest an answer