How can I create a Jira issue using Slack?

r.engel March 29, 2019

I do receive notifications in Slack.

Now I also want to create issues directly from Slack. How can I do that? 

Thanks!

4 answers

1 vote
Navin_Sridharan May 25, 2019

Hi,

Is this possible for Jira Data center using Jira Server for Slack app ?

Navin_Sridharan May 27, 2019

Hello all,

Could you please advise on this. Thanks!!

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1220099/jira-server-for-slack-official?hosting=server&tab=overview

This is the plugin that I have been using in Jira Data Center. 

Regards,

Navin

1 vote
Trevor Thompson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 19, 2019

Hey @r.engel good news - We just shipped this functionality!

Check out more info here: https://medium.com/@trevor_atx/3-new-ways-to-create-jira-issues-in-slack-3c61ed9a4247

Trevor Thompson

Product Manager, Product Integration

shetty
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 19, 2019

this is amazing, tried and it worked

Like Trevor Thompson likes this
Azfar Masut
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 6, 2020

@Trevor Thompson what about for JIRA server/dc? seems like this is only for clouds?

0 votes
r.engel March 29, 2019

Hi Ramesh, 

also with Jira Cloud for Slack I do not find the way to create issues. 

If I use Jira Cloud help, it shows me this: 

/jira create :<summary> :<parameter> [value] - Create Jira issue

But it can't get it working. Can you help?

Thanks

Rafael

shetty
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 29, 2019

you can't create issue directly from slack refer 2nd link for plugins available for the same

shetty
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 27, 2019

Hey, now it's working you can create jira issue from slack

Type /jira create in jira cloud under apps

you will get options to create issue

Navin_Sridharan June 2, 2019

Hi @shetty , 

Is the functionality of creating jira issues from Slack possible for Jira server/Data Center as well? 

shetty
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 6, 2019

Hey @Navin_Sridharan

open jira cloud under apps

and type /jira if it will prompt like in the image if you have option create then you can

Capture.JPG

0 votes
shetty
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 29, 2019

Suggest an answer