How can I copy a value from a custom field and copy to Component field?

Moon April 8, 2015

I am a newbie. In my workflow, when a ticket gets created, I'd like to use:

add post function -> Script post function -> custom script post function 

to copy value of a custom field to a Component field. Any idea what the script for that will look like? Thank you in advance!

3 answers

0 votes
Moon April 10, 2015

Thanks all for your response. I also found that out my JIra Suite Utility was an older version. Newer 1.4.10 version allows a built-in function to assign a custom field to the Component field. While this functionality existed in the earlier versions, assigning to a Component was missing and was put in in 1.4.10 version. 

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 9, 2015

the JIRA MISC Workflow plugin works for me and it's very simple and easy to use

0 votes
Silviu Burcea
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 8, 2015

Hi Mick,

If you're using the JJupin plugin, the script will be as easy as:

components = someCustomFieldName; // or customfield_12345

The components variable is predefined, the CF can be accessed by its name or id. Here is the full list of predefined variables and a SIL Getting started for newbies smile In short, SIL is the scripting language designed for JIRA(and we recently started a plugin powered by SIL for Confluence)

Hope this helps,

Silviu

Suggest an answer