How can I copy a project?

George Carvill
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 13, 2014

I want to create a test project that is set up exactly like a live project. I am looking for a fast way to do this and figured the easiest is to copy the existing project without any issues in it.

Is there a way to do this?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 13, 2014

You can try out Configuration Manager for JIRA to achieve that.

After installing the add-on the steps you need to perform are:

1. Go to the "Snapshots" page
  2. Create a "Project snapshot" of the "live project"
  3. Create a new project "Test Project"
  4. Go to the "Deploy" page
  5. Click "deploy" on the snapshot
  6. Select "Test Project" as a target project
  7. Go through the wizard and deploy

You'll have the new "Test Project" set up exactly as the "live project" but without any issues.

If you have any questions or need help with the add-on send a mail to support@botronsoft.com

Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 13, 2014
0 votes
George Carvill
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 17, 2014

That worked. Thanks!

Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 17, 2014

Would you accept my answer ?

0 votes
George Carvill
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 13, 2014

Thanks for the suggestion. But that's a lot of money for something I need to do.... well I don't know. I've been admin here for two years and this is only the second time I have wanted to do it.

Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 13, 2014

So you can just use the trial version to do your job, you don't have to buy it :).

Suggest an answer