How can I copy Project Role Members to my 'Approvers' multi-user picker custom field (for JSD)?

Travis Alexander [Empyra] December 7, 2016

I am utilizing JSD Approval functionality and have setup a muli-user picker custom field to manage approvers. I want this to be preset and dynamic based on the project using a post function. What's the best way to copy the contents of a Project Role into my custom field? Any custom scripts out there for ScriptRunner? 

3 answers

2 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 9, 2016

This is non-trivial. IIRC I've done this before. The way to do it is create a normal multi user picker field.

Then in the behaviour initialiser you specify where it gets its suggestions from, which is a rest endpoint, namely: /rest/api/1.0/users/picker. This lets you provide parameters to specify the project and role to get suggestions from.

Having trouble setting it up though. I can give you more information if you want to go this route.

Jayesh Baviskar
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 14, 2017

Hello Jamie,

I would to implement the similar functionality in one of our JIRA project where multiple workflows are configured.

I want to copy the list of users present in specific project role to the specific user field.

It would be really helpful if you can provide us the script for the same. Or point me out where I can get it.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Jayesh

0 votes
Mark Hostetler April 16, 2019

I would also be interested in getting this functionality, one where a group of approvers is auto added.

I found the link below that lets you better filter who is available to be chosen as an approver based, but the User still has to make a conscious selection.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Desk-articles/How-to-add-a-specific-list-of-approvers/ba-p/869692

0 votes
Support Empyra March 1, 2018

Hi Travis!

Suggest an answer