How can I copy Components from Project to Project

Martin Gregory November 19, 2017

We need to have a standard set of Components that each of our Projects has available to work on.   Actually any solution for that would be good, but my guess is copying is going to be the easiest.

That said, I can't see how.

How do you copy Components from one Project to another?   

(Cloud).

(I see in this closed discussion that somone said that Script Runner supports this in its built ins, but I can't see where:

http://scriptrunner-docs.connect.adaptavist.com/jiracloud/built-in-scripts.html)

1 answer

1 vote
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 19, 2017

Hello,

Why you do not want to use a multi select custom field? In this case you would not have to synchronize the values.

Martin Gregory November 19, 2017

That's a nice workaround suggestion.

Kinda typical situation isn't it: use a custom field to work around a missing feature.

Thanks!

Martin Gregory November 21, 2017

... and of course, then you lose the capabilities of proper Components, like "Component Lead" etc.

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 21, 2017

Yes, it is lost. Are your Component Leads the same in all projects? It all depends on the requirements. Of course you can synchronize Components. You would need to write a program. It could be in Adaptivist Scriptrunner, Power scripts or your custom plugin. But you would have a code which you have to mantain.

Suggest an answer