How can I conveniently create a board in the new Jira UI

Jaakko Haapasalo October 4, 2017

I'm using an existing project as a template for creating multiple (30+ per year) projects that are based on it (for issue type, workflow, screen etc scheme reuse). When you create a project based on another one however, no board is created initially. This used to be no problem, but in the new style UI, there is no way I can see to conveniently create a new board for a project, if it does not have at least one to start with.

In fact, there is no link to board management anywhere in the UI. I know I can search for boards, and get there via the search results, but that feels a bit irregular :-)

3 answers

0 votes
Zach Bruno October 27, 2017

@Peter DeWitt,

I believe he is referring to the new JIRA UI as there is no way to view all boards in the new UI and when you create from a shared configuration there is no way to create a board.

Please advise as this is a major issue.

Thank you,
Zach

0 votes
Pete Peranzo October 27, 2017

Also having this issue... any workarounds, been in the GUI for days searching for the create new board button!!!??? Seems like a regressed feature.

0 votes
Peter DeWitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 4, 2017

@Jaakko Haapasalo, Here is the Atlassian doc for creating the boards.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwareserver075/creating-a-board-935562339.html

You can also always click on Boards -> View all Boards -> Create Board.

The wizard will allow you to select Board from an existing project.  Choosing this will create the new board and link it to the project.

hope it helps

pd

Zach Bruno October 27, 2017

@Peter DeWitt,

I believe he is referring to the new JIRA UI as there is no way to view all boards in the new UI and when you create from a shared configuration there is no way to create a board.

Please advise as this is a major issue.

Thank you,
Zach

Suggest an answer