How can I configure an Epic Issue?

MajoG April 12, 2013

Hi!

I'm trying to create an epic issue on my plan board but I doesn't show in the Epic Panel. It's mixed with the other issues types.

I want to create an epic issue and create other type of issues that depends on the epic one.

Configuration made:
The Issue Types has the type Epic. The workflow scheme has the type Epic related. And the rest of the configuration has been configurated for the 2 types of issues that my project use.

Greetings, Mage

6 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Matthew Hunter
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 15, 2013

It looks as if you're not creating issues of the 'Epic' type. If you create an Epic issue does it end up over in the Epic column? If your Epic issue type is missing please head over to https://support.atlassian.com and create a support ticket, and we'll help you out.

Cheers,

Matt

0 votes
MajoG April 18, 2013

Hi everybody!

It was a problem with the update to On Demand version. Thanks for all your help.

Cheers,

Mage

0 votes
Zul NS _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 15, 2013

Please head over to support.atlassian.com as Matthew suggested. I'm suspecting that there might be some problem with your Scrum Default Template, linking for different Issue Type for Epic creation.

0 votes
MajoG April 15, 2013

I have just realize that the screen doesn't show the field "Epic Name". Maybe thats the problem with the epic issue. But if that's the problem, then I have a new one. The field configurator doesn't have hidden or taken the field "Epic Name" and the screen has the "Epic Name" label too.

What could be the problem?

0 votes
MajoG April 14, 2013

Hi!

Yes, the epic is in the backlog.

When I click the plus(+) in order to create an epic issue, this is the screen that shows up. It's the same screen that shows up when I create an issue by clicking "Create issue"

Thanks!!!

0 votes
Zul NS _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
April 14, 2013

When you say you

It's mixed with the other issues types.

Does that means Epic is listed in the backlog? May I know would it create Epic issue type when you click on the '+' button in the Epic panel of your Plan mode?

Suggest an answer