How can I close Issue without Close Button?

Charmi Pandya June 6, 2014

We are using JIRA since 1.5 Years. I have created new Project in JIRA. Both projects are active. We have not close button in newly created projects. Please let me know how can we close the solved issue.

I have checked, I have permission to close the resolved issue.

Regards,

Charmi Pandya

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 6, 2014

Check the workflow - there needs to be a transition from resolved to closed, and if there is one, then it's likely that it has "conditions". A condition will say something like "user must have resolve permission", which I suspect you've already covered, but often there are others - like AND "user must have close permission". You'll need to check you match all the condition.

Charmi Pandya June 8, 2014

Ok, I have checked workflow. I want to set workflow 'classic' onlyin project and I also have tried to edit the workflow. But, I can't change / edit it. Please let me know how can I edit the work flow and set it as 'classic'?

Regards,

Charmi Pandya

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 8, 2014

Find or create a "workflow scheme" that maps all issue types on to the default workflow.

Then go into project administration and change the workflow scheme to this one.

0 votes
Vidic Florjan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 6, 2014

Do you have Closed status in workflow? Is this status connected with transition to previous status?

Regards,
Florjan

Suggest an answer