How can I clone new issues from Jira to Jira?

Mosses Akizian January 30, 2014

We have two Jira-ondemand instances, one dedicated to community, the other to internal engineers. Whenever a community member submits a new issue, we would like it duplicated in the project that is managed by the engineers. Is this possible at all with ondemand? If not, what would be a good alternative workflow and how can I set it up?

Much appreciated.

3 answers

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 31, 2014

You can try the ConnectAll solution. It works with JIRA onDemand and can syncronize data between 2 JIRA instances.

0 votes
Daniel Wester
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 31, 2014
J. Caldwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 31, 2014

He's in the OnDemand environment. The plugin isn't avaliable for OnDemand.

0 votes
J. Caldwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 30, 2014

It isn't really possible in the OnDemand world. Each instance is seperate. There are plugins out there for self hosted that might accomplish it, but I can't see a good way to do this in OnDemand that wouldn't create a loop between the two instances and break things in horrible, horrible ways.

Suggest an answer