How can I clear the Reporter field on the create issue screen?

Sara Wajnberg March 24, 2015

I want the Reporter field NOT to be prepopulated with the current logged in user and have it be blank so that the user is forced to search for and select the reporter of the issue. How can I do that using Javascript in the field description (either of the Reporter field or another field on the page)? I can't figure out how to do that. Any help would be much appreciated! 

3 answers

0 votes
Amr Hamza January 23, 2019

Hello Sara and Gebrielle,

I have the same requirement. I followed the instructions mentioned here, however, they didn't lead me to a desirable solution. The (Default Assignee) in my project is indeed set to (Unassigned), nevertheless I find the (Reporter) field is always set to the (Current User).

Honestly, I don't see a relationship between (Default Assignee) and default (Reporter) value.

Are there any other solutions?

Thanks

Amr

0 votes
Sara Wajnberg March 25, 2015

Thanks Gabrielle - but how do I set a default reporter value? I can't find a place to do this (all I can do is the description in the field configuration). Obviously it's not a custom field so doesn't appear in the custom fields list. Thoughts? 

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 26, 2015

This can be updated in the "Roles" page in your Project Admin Screen. Click on the pencil icon next to the "Default Assignee" field

foldeslaszlo October 16, 2019

"Assignee" is not "Reporter".

Like Carlos Montero likes this
0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 25, 2015

1.) Set the "Default Reporter" to some ID (something like "Unassigned").

2.) In the Create transition on the workflow, put a "Validator" for "The Reporter Field must be updated".

Suggest an answer