How can I clean up the unused features so my users see less clutter?

Douglas Whitwill January 18, 2017

I'm hoping to clean up the issues screen to only have the NEEDED buttons, fields and features we are using.

1. Can I remove comments?  I have removed permissions but they can still see the tab called "Comments". Same goes for the Activity tab, History tab, and All Tab.  We do use the Work Log.
  2. Time tracking heading has 3 values: Estimated, Remaining, Logged.  We only want to see Logged.  Can we hide the other 2?
  3. When we click on the ellipsis (...) we get a clone and labels button.  Can we hide each one?  

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 18, 2017

On server you can turn a lot of those off by disabling the modules that provide them (labels and the time tracking, no, not unless you turn of time-tracking entirely, which loses the work-log too).  On Cloud, you can't disable the modules.

Douglas Whitwill January 19, 2017

While I use the cloud as a trial, another department has a server install that I can tinker with.  Where might I find the modules I can disable?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2017

Admin -> manage add-ons -> select "all addons".

I'm afraid you'll need to work your way through them all to work out which ones provide the functions you want to turn off.  Be careful to only turn off the stuff you are sure you don't want.

Suggest an answer