How can I change workflow type from agile beta project

Marc-André Goderre May 25, 2018

I created a project with Agile Beta type. I also added some tickets in this project. I want to move the project to another workflow system. In the project's parameters, there is nothing letting me change it and in the the JIRA parameter-> ticket->workflow systems, I don't see my project associated with any workflow.

Is there a way to modify it?

Thanks

Marc

2 answers

1 vote
Romer Ventura June 12, 2018

Hi Marc,

It is not possible. The project is a very basic and simplistic way to introduce agile, thus any more advanced workings, will need to create the traditional scrum project.

I've just tested it on the dev instance. 

Thanks

Marc-André Goderre June 12, 2018

Thanks for the answer and a final point for this topic. I'will transfert all issue in another project as proposed by @Dave Meyer.

1 vote
Rachel Wright
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 25, 2018

Hi @Marc-André Goderre,  Your terminology isn't familiar to me, so it's possible my terminology may not be familiar to you.  I'll try to answer your question anyway.  :)

In order to change the Workflow your Jira Project is associated to, you'll need to be a Jira administrator, or a project administrator if your project has a unique workflow and that ability has been turned on.

If either of the above are true, you can see the Workflow your project is using from it's admin page.  

In Cloud:  From inside the project, click the Settings ("gear" icon) link on the left sidebar and then click "Workflows" link.  That will take you to a URL like:  https://YOUR-JIRA-LOCATION.atlassian.net/plugins/servlet/project-config/YOURPROJECTKEY/workflows

From that page, click the "Switch Scheme" button to change the Workflow Scheme for the project to another existing scheme.  See screenshot.

switch-scheme.png

Hope that helps!

Rachel Wright
Author, Jira Strategy Admin Workbook

Marc-André Goderre May 28, 2018

I Rachel,

Sorry for the wrong terminology. I use french version of JIRA and have to figure out the english term used.

So, as mentionned above, I choosed Agilty (Beta) as template at the project creation.

Using this template, I have only 4 parameters (Details, Peoples, Fonctionnality and issue type).

JIRA.JPG

Thanks

Marc-Andre

Dave Meyer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 11, 2018

Hi @Marc-André Goderre,

To transfer your issues to another project based on a different template, simply create a new project using the template you would like, then use Jira's "bulk move" functionality to move issues from one project to another. https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiracorecloud/editing-multiple-issues-at-the-same-time-902498099.html

Suggest an answer