How can I change the time of backup on JIRA?

Kerim Öztürk June 19, 2012

I want to change time of backup. For example, I want to set time of backup at 01:00 night every day. I want that the backup operation is done this time, that is not done other time. How can I do this?

Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 19, 2012

Hi Kerim,

you cannot set a fixed time for the XML-Backup of your data, just a delay between your backups. If you set this delay to 720, your backup will run once a day (but not at 01:00 am).

You can read more here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Automating+JIRA+Backups

BTW: Atlassian recommends to not use this backup feature, but backing up your data with database tools.

Best regards

Thomas

Can I set time of backup one time between 19:00 - 09:00?

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 19, 2012

no, you can't set a time. If Jira is started, the first backup will be made. And after this backup is done, Jira will wait for the number of minutes you have set as delay and then, it makes the next backup and so on

this link useful for this topic ?: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-1865

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 19, 2012

it's a very old issue. It was opened in 2003, is still unassigned and I think, it will never be fixed.

The cherrysoft plugin mentioned there does not exists any more.

So I think all you can do is vote for this issue and hope that one day it will come true and do your backup with database tools.

The major problem is when the JIRA back up at the working time, the JIRA is crashes. So I want to set time of back up except the working time.

Suggest an answer