How can I change the sort order for Open Issues?

Syndi Martin November 6, 2016

The default sort order for "Open Issues" resolution = Unresolved order by priority DESC,updated DESC.  I want to change it (not create a new filter) with sort order = resolution = Unresolved order by key DESC, so that any user  selecting Open Issues sees it sorted that way. How do I do that?

3 answers

3 votes
Mike Stephens June 12, 2018

Why would any programmer hard code a variable that can be changed from a dropdown on the very page the item is being used? This should be a configurable item.

Andrey_Znamenskiy November 29, 2018

Absolutely agree... 

Like Mike Stephens likes this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 29, 2018

I suspect it's more a case of why would they change a standard and basic report that works for most users when users who need something slightly different can run their own version.

Mike Stephens November 29, 2018

I would agree if the subject were, as you say, "a standard and basic report". But this subject is not that. Its about a dynamic web page with a dropdown that allows for changing the sort order but is hard coded with a default. The real issue here is that the dropdown always defaults to "Order by Priority". There are users of this Open Issues under Issues and Filters that would like to change the default of the dropdown.

Like # people like this
Andrey_Znamenskiy November 29, 2018

"The real issue here is that the dropdown always defaults to "Order by Priority""

Exactly!

That's what I was typing right now ))

Like # people like this
1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 7, 2016

The default filters are effectively hard-coded, so you'd need some code change to do that.  You can't make that sort of change on Cloud.

0 votes
Vladislav December 9, 2020

Suggest an answer