How can I change the security level on closed issues?

Tobias Rapp February 27, 2014

I want to add another group of (external) users to one of our Jira projects. Before I would like to change the security level of all existing issues within the project from "None" to some more restricted level. A bulk-change does not work because there are issues with closed status.

How can I change the security level even on issues with closed status? If I have to re-open items, maby this can be done on database SQL level?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Silviu Burcea
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 27, 2014

Hi Tobias,

You can use JJupin for this kind of task, here is a demo snippet(run it from SIL Gadget):

// let's get some issues via JQL
string [] issueKeys = selectIssues("project = ABC"); 

for (string key in issueKeys) {
  #{key.Security Level} = "Internal";
}

You can do a lot of things with JJupin and its Simple Issue Language(SIL), this is just an easy task. Give it a try :)

Best regards,

Silviu

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 27, 2014

Interesting, I didn't think that would work because it needs to bypass the "do not edit me" flag on the closed status.

You can do it without any scripting though - edit the workflow, and remove the "do not edit" flag from the status. Or add a transition from "closed" to "closed" and make it go through a screen that includes "security level" (restrict the transition to admins or appropriate people) or even just sets it in a post-function.

Tobias Rapp February 27, 2014

Will this cause the change to be logged in the issue history?

Will this cause notification mails to be sent out?

Suggest an answer